Welcome to SeaScare 2005|
Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Click Here - For last year's pictures
This will be the fourth year for this local event. Hatched as an idea to replace Brierfest, the Park Board, got creative and developed this festival centered around the business core of Brier.
Join us as the people and sea creatures of Brier get together for a casual evening of fun. Gather the kids on your block and enter the parade - the theme is scary sea creatures, octopi, pirates, boats, nautical or any sea related idea.
All kids, classic car owners and anyone with a great parade idea are encouraged to participate. And, there will be prizes.
Click Here - To register on line / Click Here - To see the list of prizes
In 2004, All the kids 12 and younger participating in the parade will receive a coupon for a free meal at the Old Country Buffet in Lynnwood. We thank them for their sponsorship.|
AND in 2004 - Las Margaritas in Cedar Plaza will offered children in the parade 12 and younger a dinner for 99 cents - one child per family. Just tell them you were in the Brier SeaScare parade.
There will be a prize for the best "Jolly Roger". Don't know what one is:
Date: circa 1785
: a black flag with a white skull and crossbones formerly used by pirates as their ensign
Be sure to design your own special flag (Jolly Roger) for your group in the parade! Here are a couple samples of different Jolly Rogers.
This year the parade will again feature a variety of entertaining participants, local classic cars, race cars and a couple bands including the KD and District Pipe Band. There will be our favorite usual entrants and anyone else interested in joining the fun. And, there will be other prizes.
After the parade there an outdoor movie "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" a 1956 classic. The movie had been a hoot each year. So, bring your lawnchairs and plan to join us.
Schedule of Events
Wednesday evening - August 10, 2005
Beverages, food and other services will be available from all the merchants during the event.
- 6:00 pm - Parade check-in and line up - Check in will be on the north side of 232nd on Brier Road. Click Here for complete details.
- 7:00 pm - The Porch Light Parade begins - this year the parade is sponsored by Brier Realty.
The parade begins just north of the library (232nd) and moves south down Brier Road ending just past Brier Realty (238th).
Register for the parade on-line - Click Here
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Brier Realty Kids Carnival - Lots of games and fun for the kids in the Brier Realty parking area.
- 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Food Drive - Benefiting Food Lifeline. Look for the barrel near Jason's Java.
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Book Sale - Sponsored by the Friends of the Brier Library. This will be held next to Brier Grocery.
- 7:00 - 8:30 pm - Local Business Trade Show - All the licensed businesses in Brier have been invited to set up cardtable displays of their products and services. You will be amazed at the variety of services offered by your neighbors. This will take place between Jason's Java and the Brier Grocery.
- 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Buchaneer Buzz Cuts - $10.00 at Jett City Hair
- 6:30 - 8:30 pm - Special Seascare Sodas at Jason's Java - $1.50
Are you a local business? Interested in a sales opportunity? - Click Here for more details.
- 8:30 pm - Outdoor Cinema - The famous Reverend Chumleigh comes to town again with this 1956 classic SeaScare theme movie - "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers".
There will be a cartoon intro then the movie. Bring your lawn chairs to the Serendipity parking lot. Sunset is about - 8:30 pm.
Homeowners along the parade route|
Get in the SeaScare Spirit! This year we want to add the "Porchlights" to the Brier Realty "Porchlight Parade".
Residents and businesses are encouraged to decorate their yards or houses with
outdoor lights (Christmas lights, etc.) and decorations in keeping with the
SeaScare theme. People are asked to have these decorations up by August 4th.
The decorations will be judged on creativity and looks before the SeaScare
event and the winners announced and prizes given during the parade.
Last year's Official Royal SeaScare Court:|
Sea Princess - Zoe Bellecy - Age 9
Pirate - Conner Worman - Age 7
Sea Princess - Kelly Herbig - Age 7
Pirate - Tillie Seger - Age 8
Sea Princess - Olivia Snider - Age 7
Pirate - Alex Bakker - Age 6
Volunteers - We are seeking volunteers to help with the event. If you are interested contact any of the board members listed below.
We encourage you to support your local businesses and neighbors. And, we thank them for all their support in the production of this event.
Sponsorships are available - Are you interested in sponsoring a portion of this event? Click Here - for more.
Parade Registration | Sponsorship |
Special Thanks to Our 2004 Sponsors|
* Located in the Brier Business Core
- * Brier Realty
- * Brier Grocery
- * Jasons Java
- * Neapolis Pizza and Pasta
- * Kids Kastaways
- * Jett City Hair
- * L & M Floorcovering and Installation
- Pacific Northwest Plumbing, Inc.
- Teeter Tots Montessori
- PetsEnergy - Cedar Plaza, featuring natural holistic pet foods
- QFC - Cedar Plaza
- AJ and Sons - Home milk delivery
- Erdals Custom Jewelry - Cedar Plaza
- Creation Station - Lynnwood
- Old Country Buffet - Lynnwood
- Game Stop - Cedar Plaza
- Cedar Plaza Cleaners
- Las Margaritas - Cedar Plaza
- True Value - Cedar Plaza
For further questions you can contact any of the current Brier Park Board Members:
Craig Harris - (425) 778-4389
Ken Overstreet - (206) 498-7426
Dee Williamson - (425) 771-2062
Brian Rodriguez - (425) 775-9004
Guy Fleischer - (425) 672-3252
For Last year's pictures of this event - Click Here
For more on our parks - Click Here
© The City Of Brier All rights reserved